2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups red seedless grapes
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1 bunch scallions cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup chopped skinned hazelnuts
- Put a baking sheet on the middle oven rack and preheat to 450 degrees.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread on the hot baking sheet and roast, tossing halfway through, until tender and charred in spots, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the grapes and thyme and cook, tossing, until the grapes start to burst, about 4 minutes.
- Add the scallions and honey.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the juices thicken and the grapes are glazed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving dish; spoon the grapes over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Serves 6 to 8 people.
Recipe from Food Network magazine