1. How young is too young for a smartphone?
2. How old were you when you got your first smartphone?
3. At what age should kids get their first smartphone?
1. “Probably 12 years old.”
2. “I was 14 years old, so I was a freshman in high school.”
3. “I feel like a freshman [in high school] is a good age.”
Kenny Gray, Senior Accounting major
1. “I think anyone younger than a freshman in high school is too young because they need to be aware of what is right and wrong, as well as what they’ll be exposed to online.”
2. “I was 14 years old.”
3. “I think 14 to 15 is a good age to get a smartphone, but it depends on their maturity.”
Jamie Henry, Senior Management major
1. “I think six is too young to have an iPhone.”
2. “I was 10 when I got mine. I only got it because my parents were divorced and I had to go back and forth between houses. My mom wanted to have contact with me so she knew I was safe.”
3. “I think middle school is a good age because that’s when children start to become more independent and going out with friends. Parents will probably want to reach their kids so they know where they are and what they’re doing.”
Danielle Wolff, Sophomore dual Spanish and Spanish Education major