Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Not only is this dish festive—it’s also super simple to make. The sauce is made quickly while the pasta is cooking and then the pasta is tossed with the sauce. The whole thing is done in less than 15 minutes!
Tools needed (affiliate links): · 12″ saute pan · Stockpot · Whisk
· Fettuccine noodles
· Minced Garlic
· Half & Half
· Canned Pumpkin
· Parmesan Cheese
· Nutmeg (optional)
While the fettuccine is cooking, melt the butter and stir in some minced garlic (I use jarred for ease and simplicity). Then the half & half, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg are added to the skillet and whisked together with the butter and garlic until the cheese is melted. I added about half of a cup of the pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce a bit since the pumpkin is a little on the thick side. You can add as much or as little of the pasta water as you like until the sauce is to your desire consistency. Finally, stir in the pasta until it’s well coated.
Chicken Cheese Pasta Casserole with Parmesan Breadcrumb Topping:
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
· 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2″ cubes
· a few shakes of sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 onion chopped
· 6 garlic cloves minced
· 1 large jar organic marinara sauce
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· a few sprigs fresh basil
· 1 16- ounce pack gluten-free pasta
· 1 8- ounce pack shredded organic mozzarella cheese
· 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
· 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· 2 tablespoons organic butter cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together chicken cubes, sea salt and black pepper.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and sauté until just cooked through. Add marinara sauce, oregano and fresh basil; heat through.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot; add chicken and sauce, along with mozzarella cheese; mix well. Divide between two 8-inch square dishes or pour the entire pot into a 13x9x2 inch casserole dish.
5. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of casserole dishes. Place the pieces of butter on top. Bake for 15 minutes; then broil for a 2-3 minutes to brown the top.