Recipe Credit: Robin Gaffey
1 Cup Celery
2 Cups Onions
1 Cup Butter/Margarine
12 Cups Dry Bread Cubes
1 ½ Teaspoons Salt
½ Teaspoons Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
Approximately 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Dice 1 cup celery and 2 cups onion
- Melt 1 cup butter/margarine in skillet
- Then, sauté celery and onions until translucent
- In large bowl, measure 12 cup bread cubes
- Add 1 ½ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning to breadcrumbs. Mix well with breadcrumbs for even distribution, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs with fork
- Add vegetables to breadcrumb mixture, mix lightly
- Add two eggs to mixture, mix well
- Add chicken broth (1 cup at a time), enough to moisten all cubes (usually approximately 2 cups), stir for even distribution
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker and cover, cook on high for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to low, cook for 4-8 hours.
- If after a few hours, your stuffing appears too moist, gradually add more dry bread crumbs.
**Cooks recommendation: Use a Crockpot cooking bag for easy clean up!